This position is for PFS VA at 7420 Ranco Road.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for analyzing and interpreting data in order to perform financial analysis on customer, vendor, and operational business processes. Solve business and accounting issues in scenarios where some variables may be difficult to attain. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of accounting, finance, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Functions well independently and as a team member with the department and organization.
Major Functional Responsibilities:
- Analyze, reconcile and review various balance sheet accounts. Develop understanding of accounts, question the transactions for reasonableness and investigate and disposition variances.
- Analyze, interpret and prepare standard and non-standard journal entries necessary to present accurate financial records for period end closing.
- Analyze and review P&L and Balance Sheets during closing process and propose adjusting entries as needed.
- Conduct customer rebate calculations, pricing and profitability analysis.
- Evaluate operational effectiveness and efficiency including controlling inventory shrink.
- Analyze and evaluate vendor receivables, rebates and marketing allowances for completeness and accuracy.
- Support and interact with corporate and external audits as needed.
- Prepare adhesion management reports/develop spreadsheets as needed/requested.
- Prepare and analyze year-end tax and financial disclosure requests.
- Ability to work independently – investigate issues, formulate possible options, make solid decisions.
- Ability to work well with other associates within Finance, as well as other departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3+ years of general accounting or other relevant experience in high-volume transaction environment
- Thorough understanding and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Ability to analyze complex financial information
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/tasks in a changing environment
- Self-motivated with ability to work under and meet strict deadlines individually as well as in a team environment
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- 2-4 years experience in Public Accounting
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the “Company”) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: