Amsted Rail - ASF Keystone
Amsted Rail is a globally integrated manufacturer. Railroads, as well as car builders, owners, and leasing companies rely on us to provide components and innovative systems for freight cars and locomotives, repair and service and location and condition monitoring. From the big picture to the finest details, Amsted Rail is continuously improving the heavy haul landscape.
We currently have an opening for Senior Accountant for our Amsted Rail Homer, Michigan location. Primary focus of the Senior Accountant is to provide financial information and support to the General Manager of the facility while participating as a member of the plant’s operations team.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for all accounting and finance activities and reporting, duties include but are not limited to the following:
- All month end closing and related financial reporting for the Homer facility
- Working with both the Business Unit and Corporate Finance Teams to ensure all closing and reporting activities for Homer are completed within the required deadlines
- Prepare financial bridge reports for consolidation into the Business Unit’s results
- Presentation of the financial results to the General Manager and the operations team
- Provide financial control over inventory processes including balance reporting, reconciliation, shrink and obsolescence calculation, and leading the physical inventory process
- All cost accounting, including variance analysis and reporting, as well as ensuring the integrity of the standard costing system in SAP
- Tracking and reporting of critical performance metrics
- Support of the plant’s cost savings initiatives, including identification, validation of savings, and management reporting
- Annual standard cost updates in SAP
- Prepare all account reconciliations for the Homer location
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of the annual operating plan, monthly estimates, and quarterly forecasts
- Prepare property tax and sales and use tax returns, as well as serve as point of contact for external taxing authorities and related audits
- Support all SOX financial controls activity as the primary contact for Homer for any internal audits as well as for the annual PWC audit
- Capital project management, including ROI analysis, project routing, and post audit analysis
- Support Shared Services for fixed asset management and tracking, including performance of the annual fixed asset audit for the Homer plant
- Review and understand payroll financials that are submitted to Shared Services for processing
Desired criteria & qualifications:
- 3 – 5 years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidate should have a strong cost accounting background with SAP experience preferred, but will consider experience working with other ERP systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, an MBA or CPA would be a plus but is not required.
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. This is where you can thrive. Our environment is energetic, our people are motivated and our career paths can take you where you want to go.
We pride ourselves on being the market leader as well as having a management philosophy that promotes a culture of dignity and respect for all our employees. Through competitive wages, outstanding benefits and internal advancement opportunities, you’ll have the chance to create a career you can be proud of.
We are 100% employee-owned. Come to Amsted Rail and join a proud family!
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: